By Mary Valle
By Mary Valle
A healthful diet can reduce your risk for heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and other nutrition experts, a healthy diet is:
Check out these recipes from Stephanie Rose, Community Teaching Kitchen Manager
American Heart Association, Simple Cooking with Heart Kitchen Kitchen
– 1 medium head cauliflower, about 2 pounds (6 to 7 cups small florets)
– 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste
– 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
– 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
– 1/2 cup fine fresh herbs like parlsey, dill, or mint, chopped
– 1/2 cup pickled red onions, chopped
Mix together and serve.
1. In a small bowl, mix spices together.
2. Pat each fish fillet dry. Generously coat fish with seasoning mixture on one side.
3. Spray large skillet with cooking spray, heat over high heat. Place fish in pan, seasoning side down and cook for 3 minutes. While cooking, generously coat the other side with seasoning mixture.
4. Flip fish and cook 3 minutes longer. Serve.
1. Preheat the grill on medium high. Brush a grill pan or grill rack with the oil and heat for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Grill the pineapple 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly, about two minutes, before chopping.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining salsa ingredients except the lemon. Grate 1 teaspoon lemon zest, reserving the lemon. Stir the zest and chopped pineapple into the strawberry mixture. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the seasoning blend (see above). Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center. Transfer to plates. Squeeze the reserved lemon over the chicken. Serve with the salsa on the side.
Widespread news stories have already reported the concerning rise of domestic violence cases due to coronavirus lockdown measures and stay-at-home orders. But many older adults are at risk of domestic violence as well, as they are isolated from families and loved ones due to the […]
Yet since the Covid-19 pandemic, Melanie has taken on an even bigger role, adapting her work to the new reality. So how is she doing? We caught up with this mother of two teenage boys who spoke about tech, the Myerberg and COVID-19. How […]
King Sooper’s Monday, Wednesday & Friday7:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m.www.kingsoopers.com1-800-KRO-GERS Walmart Tuesday6:00 a.m. – 7:00 a.m.www.walmart.com 1-800-WALMART Target Tuesday & Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.www.target.com1-800-440-0680 Walgreens Tuesday8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.www.walgreens.com1-800-WALGREENS Safeway Tuesday & Thursday7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.www.safeway.com877-505-4040 Whole Foods Everyday7:00 a.m. – 8:00 […]
Every day at CHANA, we are committed to the health and safety of all members of our community. We know that this may be a particularly frightening and isolating time for victims and survivors of abuse and trauma and their children. We also know that people are especially vulnerable […]
Small steps to make big impact in Baltimore, Israel and around the world