Harry Greenstein Leadership Award was created by Louis Fox. Its goal: “Recognizing the importance of assuring a continuity of future communal leadership, and of providing wider opportunities for the development of young people in voluntary community work …” Photograph of Louis Fox and Milton H. […]
Contract signing for the new Jewish Community Center in 1959. Seated left to right: Joseph Meyerhoff, Chairman Youth Building Fund Committee; Abraham Krieger, President of Associated Jewish Charities; Harry Greenstein. Standing left to right: Samuel A, Kroll and Irving Kroll, Builders; Yehuda Rosenman, Executive Director […]
Women’s Division became a permanent year-round fundraising and outreach arm of The Associated. Newspaper clipping from the 1956 Women’s Division Associated Scrapbook.
Camp Milldale, formally Camp Woodlands, opened in Stevenson at Stevenson and Keyser Roads. The property, once Camp Crestmont, was purchased as a gift for the Associated Jewish Charities by Hugo Dalsheimer. It later moved out to Woodensburg, Maryland and for decades Camp Milldale was the summer […]
After the 1947 study that looked at the recreational needs of the community, The Associated created the JCC (Jewish Community Center) a single institution to serve the Jewish communities’ recreational, social and cultural needs. Initially housed at the Y.M.&Y.W.H.A. (Young Men’s and Young Women’s Hebrew […]