Mobilize & Speak Out!
JEWISH ENVIRONMENTAL ADVOCACY DAYS
A PARTNERSHIP OF PEARLSTONE CENTER AND HAZON
Heading into the "People’s Climate March," we will gather to raise our Jewish voices in our nation’s capital on behalf of sound environmental policy—for our future and for our children.
- Meet fellow Jewish climate change activists from across the country
- Learn about the state of environmental policy in Washington DC
- Receive training on how to effectively lobby your representatives
- Share your knowledge and know-how and learn about advocacy initiatives in other communities
Lobby your elected officials in Washington, DC on climate-related policy in collaboration with state chapters of Interfaith Power & Light.
Wednesday, April 26
11:00 - 12:30 PM: Registration
12:30 PM: Lunch
2:00 PM: Opening Circle/Training Begins
5:00 PM: Earth-based activity / Explore Pearlstone
6:30 PM: Dinner (& Discussion)
7:30 PM: Training
9:00 PM: Nighttime activity
Thursday, April 27
7:30 AM: Depart Pearlstone for Washington, DC
9:00 AM: Arrive in Washington, DC for lobbying in conjunction with Interfaith Power & Light state chapters
Following your lobbying appointments in Washington, DC, the Jewish Environmental Advocacy Days gathering is concluded.
Jewish communities will begin gathering in Washington the following day, Friday April 28 in advance of the People’s Climate Mobilization. A special climate-themed Shabbat service will be held on Friday night. Jewish community members will march together in the climate mobilization in the late morning of Saturday, April 29th. For further updates about Jewish participation in the march, visit Hazon or Interfaith Power and Light (DC.MD.NoVA).
Cost: $100/person, includes:
- 2 meals on Wednesday & breakfast on Thursday (OU-certified kosher)
- One night lodging in dormitory style rooms (Note: Guests will share rooms with other Lobby Days participants. Some rooms have bunk beds.)
- One-way transportation to Washington, DC
Register by April 10th
Commuter Option: $50/person
Wednesday at Pearlstone and meet us in Washington DC
Contact: Joan Plisko, firstname.lastname@example.org